Sunday 14 June 2009

3rd and 4th Classses - 7th and 14th June 2009

Last week I didn't update this blog, does that mean I was too busy or too lazy to do so?. If you think there is time then there is always time for any thing. These two weeks haven't been productive for me, there are several reasons i can quote but those are just for my satisfaction. From last 2 weeks my school/village friend asking me to buy a mobile for him and send it. But i haven't done that so far, and morever lied him saying I have already purchased mobile. So, he calls me everyday asking for mobile....simply I dont have answer...really bad.

Above example doesnt mean I am busy/lazy to do others work or doesn't mean i dont want to do. Another friend(Ramesh Babu) who is in London(UK) right now, sent one gift(great watch...i always wanted one...) through his colleague. And from last 3 weeks i have not collected the gift, more than me...my friends colleague is worried and he tells his daughter to enquire with Ramesh whether or not he is going to collect the gift or should we only reach him. So, this explains I am not only doing others work but actually not doing my own work. whats the reason??? I am not sure......may be because of my lovely bike :) which just has gone missing 20 days back.

Now, I am trying to purchase one bike and the difficult part is to zeroing down to one brand and finally bike. And the descision becomes even more complex when your budget is more, smaller budget very few choices. Since, my previous bike was PULSAR DTS-i 150CC with 13.2 bhp, choosing a new bike has become even more difficult. I just want one bike which can beat pulsar, so thats only one its Royal Enfields BUllet....:) standard model comes with 350CC and 18.2bhp. Its a trendy and super bike as the caps says "Made like a GUN and goes like BULLET".

So, now my heart says go for BULLET but some thing is still stopping me...that is the basic price of this bullet. Machismo is the one i like most in Royal enfield family and it costs around 1.05 Lacks on road. Isn't it more...i can even purchase a second hand car...thats what my mind says. And the final conclusion which can be drawn from above points is....I was much dependent on bike(which saved my time) and am not sure what I really want and make decision :(

Now, coming back to our MS classes. Today also i was late by almost 50 minutes. Each sunday i think of reaching the class on time but simply its not happening. Prof Priya was taking the Project management subject. When i entered the class there was much of the discussion among students and i realized it could be because of on the class assignments normally Prof does this every time. So, this time the task was related to performance issue of the web portal belongs to XYZ company and the students have to identify and present the same in the class. As part of this assignment we identified title, description, business needs, project justifications, resources, stakeholders, deliverables, constraints and assumptions. Eventhough few people thought its a boring work, but its good to do atleast in class rooms if you think so.

Today, I got a chance to meet new friend who works for wind and energy sector. I am still trying to recollect his company name...i guess it is "Ariva or Riviva" He is a product marketing manager there. After chatting with him for a while, I see he has got quite a good experience in product marketing and promotions. Since, i am a hardcore engineer who doesn't bother to analyse the customer needs most of the time, just learnt a little bit on how you analyse the market trend/previous market share/propose new products or improvements depending on these factors and then finally promote the new product in to the market. For me its quite a new are which sounds interesting but doesn't pull me.

Second class was OOSD handled by Dr Shivanand Handigund, personally I feeel this subject is boring. There are more jorgons than actual explaination of this subject. I just dont wan't to write any thing about prof since whole class has responded to the feedback form provided today. During the course of this class I just saw students sleeping, playing games on computer and even on mobile phones(this is what I also did for a while) and few students enjoyed chatting on the mobile phones. And those who didn't do all these things should have enjoyed the class :) Coming to the assignment which is for 25 marks and i feel we have to write entire book for this :) i guess which we can publish some time down the line :)

And the last class was Data structures by Prof Keshav Murthy, as usual entire class will enjoy his teaching. Today it was more about trees(BST, AVL, B Tree, 2-3 tree...) which i mostly like to hear about.

I see the students learning about each others, knowing more about what they do, interests, habits(bad, good..all), this is good to see. Today we had one funny incident during the lunch time in the nearby hotel. Which i will update soon.....I am sure some body is going to hit me for this :) atleast the guy who did this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment